Thursday, March 26

random memories....

Blake took this photo of me today while i was assisting his out door bridal shoot...i was just playing around. looking at it brought back all these memories from my childhood....as random as they are...i'll share some :) they may shed some light into the character you see in the picture below...and maybe provide some insights, reasons, explinations...or rather excuses as to why i am, like i am....they're pretty funny mental pictures...don't feel bad if you laugh. :)

Photobucket


My grandma used to dip my head under the water faucet when SHE was hot.

She would water the avocado tree and call me “Mrs. Jones“. I would talk as “Mrs. Jones” about my many children and all the chores that I had lined up for my “husband” to do when he got home.

Me and my cosins would dress up in her clothes and talk with hill billy accents and say things like “I’ma gonner go warsh the dishes ,Henry”
She would take pictures of us.

I started to direct shows. I would round up my cosins stuff them in my grandma’s clothes and we would get video taped and photographed.

I lived for the fame.

I lived in a make believe world.

Until I graduated from high school.

I used to get a quarter for using manors at the dinner table, I thought it would be a good way to make money…I didn’t make much money, and I would loose quarters on spaghetti night.


My favorite toys as a kid were scotch tape and scissors.

My grandma would put curlers in my great grandma’s hair and I would sit at the table and cut papers and scotch tape them back together, while my brother played with my grandma’s arm fat.

When we were at my mom’s house my Nana would sit at the stove (she is in a wheel chair) and cook her hot dogs on a fork before she wrapped them in a tortilla and ate them with mustard.

My Uncle Gary sang Mariah Carey at the top of his longs in his bed room.

My nana’s dog PJ died after she gave him a bath. He went outside pee’d on a tree and then died.

My mom would pluck my eye brows in the car while we waited for my brother to get out of detention. She picked at us kids like she was our gorilla mommy and we all had ticks.


No comments: